The purpose of this report is to give a brief overview regarding hijacking hotspots in Gauteng that may impact business operations and security. The following regions were focussed on:
Johannesburg and Pretoria. This report will allow the reader to make informed decisions and mitigate risks in terms of property, staff, clients and business operations.
• The William Nicol Drive off ramp from the N1 from the Sandton side.
• The corner of Old Pretoria Road and 1st Avenue in Alexandra.
• New Road off ramp in Midrand.
• Riviera Road off ramp near Killarney Mall.
• Intersection of Christiaan de Wet Road and Wilgerood Road in Roodepoort.
• All the traffic lights along Louis Botha Avenue between Alexandra and Hillbrow.
• Parkwood and Saxonwold (Rosebank precinct).
• Upper Houghton and Killarney (Hillbrow precinct).
• Between 10th and 11th avenues and 4th and 7th avenues in Parkhurst (Parkview precinct).
• Glenhazel, Lombardy East and Sandringham (Sandringham precinct).
• Orange Grove and Highlands North (Norwood precinct).
• Yeoville, Bellevue and Bellevue East (Yeoville precinct).
• Wynberg, Bramley, Marlboro and Kew (Bramley precinct).
• Outside Megawatt Park.
• The corner of Kelvin Street, Pretoria Road and CR Swart (Kemptonpark precinct).
• The corner of Elgin Road and Pretoria Road (Kemptonpark precinct).
• Linksfield Road off ramp.
• Booysens Road off ramp.
• Nelson Mandela Bridge.
• Wolmarans street.
• The corner of Harrow Street and Abel Street.
• The corner of Able and Saratoga Street and Harrow Road.
• The corner of Jan Smuts Avenue and St Andrews.
• The corner of 17th Street and Krause Street Pageview.
• Heidelberg off ramp.
• Traffic light on Kyalami Drive.
• Beyers Naude off ramp.
• Rivonia off ramp.
• Midrand Road.
• Grayston 11th Street and Rivonia intersections.
• Jan Smuts Avenue and William Nicol Drive split in Hyde Park.
• The Atterbury Road off ramp from the N1 in Menlyn.
• Lynnwood Road off ramp on the N1.
• John Vorster Drive off ramp from the N1 in Lyttelton.
• Jean Avenue off ramp from the R28 in Centurion.
• Rigel Avenue off ramp from the N1 in Erasmuskloof.
• Corner of University Road and Lynnwood Road in Hatfield.
• The traffic lights along Walker Street and Nelson Mandela Drive in Sunnyside.
• The Lynnwood Road and Solomon Mahlangu.
• The traffic lights along Nelson Mandela Drive in Sunnyside.
• The traffic lights along Simon Vermooten Road in Silverton.
• Along Beyers Naude Drive and Paul Kruger Street in Wonderboompoort.
• Duncan Street Sunnyside.
• The R55 in Erasmia.
• Burnett Street and Hilda Street.
• Delfi Avenue and Garsfontein Road in Garsfontein.
Please click on an image to enlarge: