PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION CLIENT CONSENT
The Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act requires us to inform you how we use, disclose and destroy personal information we obtain from you. We are committed to protecting your privacy and will ensure that your personal information is used appropriately, transparently, securely and according to applicable law.
I, the undersigned, hereby consent to the following:
1. My personal information may be collected, processed, recorded, used and must be safeguarded during the rendering of services to me by Community Support Services. (hereinafter referred to as CSS).
2. CSS may also add to my personal information, with information received from other product providers and third parties in order to offer a more comprehensive and appropriate service to me.
3. CSS may verify, share and disclose my personal information to their product providers and third-parties whose services or products they use in order to adequately and appropriately render financial services to me.
4. CSS may also collect and processes my personal information for the CSS’s own marketing purposes to ensure their products and services remain applicable and appropriate.
Furthermore, I understand that:
1. I have the right to access my personal information which CSS holds.
2. I have the right to ask CSS to update, correct or delete my personal information on reasonable grounds.
3. Once I object to CSS processing my personal information, CSS may no longer process my personal information, within reasonable parameters and unless to conclude a transaction or outstanding business.
4. Should I wish to withdraw my consent to process my personal information, I must do so in writing, addressed to the CSS Information Officer.
5. Once I withdraw my consent for CSS to process my personal information, I understand that CSS is still obliged under the legislation to keep the information for 5 years after termination of the relationship between the CSS and myself.
6. CSS may disclose my information where they have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of applicable legislation or where it may be necessary under any other law.